Tuesday 28 February 2012

Why Change Happens When You’re Ready


Here is what Paulo Coehlo – the international best selling author had to say about change….
‘It took almost 40 years for me to become a writer.
Before that I always dreamt of becoming a writer, but I never dared to take the necessary steps.
I met my master in Amsterdam in 1982. He had told me things back then that enabled my soul to slowly awaken. 
Four years later, I embarked on my pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.
It was during my pilgrimage that it became increasingly apparent that I wasn’t happy and I had to do something about it – stop making excuses. 
I realized that you don’t have to jump through a series of complicated hoops to achieve a goal. 
You can just look at a mountain and get a connection with God, you don’t have to understand the mountain to feel that.
When I first got back from the trip it was an anti-climax. I found it hard to acclimatize to mynormal life and I was impatient to change my life immediately.
 But changes happen when you are ready.
 It took a few months to realize that I must solely concentrate on writing a book, one of which is The Alchemist , rather than trying to fill various roles as I had before.’

No comments:

Post a Comment