Tuesday 28 February 2012

80 Motivational Quotes That Can Change Your Life Too


It just doesn’t seem to want to stop growing and going. Since I posted this request – Give Me One Motivational Quote That Changed Your Life – in the Motivation Nation Group found in the social network of LinkedIn, the response has been overwhelming and continues to grow with every passing week…
So here are 80 more contributions that have been made in response to that request.
Maybe you have a quote that you would also like to share with us.
In addition to the quotes some of the contributors – whose names appear at the front of each of the quotes – have added some of their own personal insights into the quotes.
I trust that the wisdom shared by these ones, whose lives were changed by a motivational quote, will add great value to your life.
Peter G. J. Sinclair – Motivator • ‘The style of a writer is a faithful representation of his mind.’ – Goethe
Prof P.K.Keshap • @Alan and Hellyer: I was searching for words to coin the incidents which happened in my life. I have got : What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger. Thank you Alan, I am more determined and stronger than earlier.
Dr. Thom A. Lisk • The Ohio motto: 

With God all things are possible.

Claude Toland, D.M. • Failure is not final, use failure to learn and grow. The term to remember is “fail forward. (John Maxwell).

Tamara Elizabeth • “There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women” Madeline Albright
Dennis James Deegan CTM • I think this is the first quote I ever met that I did not like. It just seems to have a very hard message where the target audience is very small. It seems to me most women instinctively are willing to help other women. And since it is a free country, those few women who are wrapped up in themselves, miss out on the joy of giving. But hell as their reward; I don’t think so.
Tamara Elizabeth • Thank your for your insight to this quote. For me it stopped me dead in my tracks from feeling sorry for myself in my own miserable situation and I realized that I had to take what I have been experiencing and help other women to travel their journey in an easier way, not missing any of the valuable lessons they come across.
Marian Kerr • This too shall pass.It allows us to connect with the strength to endure bouyed up by hope for the future.
Sue Z. Hart • Marian, This too shall pass is one of my favorites. No matter what… good or bad… it all passes… we must live in each moment… learn and grow with each breath… good or bad…
Marian Kerr • Being able to understand that whatever we are experiencing is part of a process, rather than an unwavering condition that defines our life allows us to step up to the mark and be all we can be at that time. I am all for a balance of experiencing the reality of a situation and then making the most of things. However, I prefer to savour the good and beautiful and not dwell on their ephemeral nature. Appreciating the beauty in life is part of what helps us to believe that beauty still exists, even when circumstances seem bleak.I agree, Sue that we need to fully live each moment with all that it entails. 

Eynar – I like your quote too – there is no failure in falling, it is the getting back up that defines who we are.
Lori King-Kocsis • Marian@ the wisdom you speak so beautifully. Thank you.

Claire Coumbis • I am the captain of my soul the master of my destiny, Nelson Mandela

Robin Budhathoki (LION) • I think therefore I am.
Pennie Murray • “When there’s no enemy on the inside, the enemies on the outside can do you no harm.” (African Proverb)
Judith Parker Harris-Bust Life Blocks expert • “Wake up each morning with joy in your heart for what the day can bring.” 
Jack H. Harris, my ever-positive, confident husband. 
Also 
”Exercise ’til you sweat every day.” 
By my gynecologist when I went in due to an ever present stress-induced stiff neck.
Patricia Sadar • Pennie, I love that quote!!!!
Karen Asemper • “The Universe is always working in your Favor”
E.J. (Ted) Lister • Karen; best quote ever!
Paul Murphy • “I was once asked, when did u first start being yourself? And I answered…when u allowed me too”anonymous

Jason Durham • “This is my son and his name will be…” — My Father the day I was born.

Mohammed K. Raziuddin Owais • The MAN who wins is the man who think he can…….;
Linda Barwick • “If nothing changes… nothing changes” Simple yet so powerful for me.
Kim Hellyar • The US Women’s Soccer Team’s Motto is ~ Fake it until you make it! 

I love this because sometimes you may feel like you are riding a 10% grade and there is not a descent on the other side. When that happens, fake it! Make people think you are at your strongest and soon you will think you are too! Be strong this week!
Carol Dorn • If nothing changes ……Nothing changes 
I like that Thank you for that
Sue Z. Hart • Karen, I believe the universe IS always working in our favor… if only we could do the same!
Karen Asemper • I think we do sue, It’s all part of the Drama that we take part in.
Sue Z. Hart • “One can’t believe impossible things,” said Alice. “When I was your age,” said the Queen, “I always did it for 1/2 hour a day. Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” -Lewis Carroll 

I believe in believing the impossible!
Richard Oppenheim • “Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right.” – Henry Ford

Peter G. J. Sinclair – Motivator • ‘Be EXPECTANT – and you will give birth to a GREAT FUTURE!’

Leigh Dorling • This is from Machiavelli – always a useful reminder when trying to instigate changes in a company – “There is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, than to initiate a new order of things.For the reformer has enemies in all those who profit from the old order,and only luke warm defenders in all those who would profit from the new order.This lukewarmness arising partly from fear of their adversaries and partly from the incredulity of mankind, who do not truly believe in anything new,until they have had actual experience of it.”
Jake Gamble • Attitude determines altitude!
Pennie Murray • Leigh, great quote. I think it also applies to the state of our country right now.
Vivien Moss • Thanks for all the great posts! Inspired and lifted.
Michele Sfakianos • Where focus flows – energy goes. Tony Robbins
Vidette Vanderweide • “A truly great idea may seem to be beyond your reach, but realize that the idea is given to you because there is something in your consciousness that can fulfill it.” Love it!
Dr. Thom A. Lisk • “I can do all things through Jesus Christ–God (Who lives in me) and strengthens me.” 

From the Holy Bible

Dave Pahl • “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all’ … Helen Keller

Sumit Gupta • Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!!
Marian Kerr • That is a great quote Sumit. I also like ‘Fall down six times; stand up seven’.
Terry Martin, Ph.D., • ” Don’t Believe Everything You Think!” It came to me in a hand written note and that was years ago – going forward I always trust but verify what I am about to tell the people to whom I may be giving a speech or even my personal decisions. It pushed me to do clear research on my direction and to understand the “truth” I decide to accept. It works for me and I hope it helps others.
Carol Dorn • Absolutely beautiful
Dennis James Deegan CTM • What doesn’t kill you outright makes you stronger.
Terry Martin, Ph.D., • Yes, Stronger. A great question is usually better than a good answer and to ask yourself the questions over and over makes the journey better for me. Sometimes we are asking the wrong question and therefore we get the incorrect answer!
Marsha Tally • Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Marianne Williamson
Dr. Thom A. Lisk • Come on now, it is Sunday: 

”With God all things are possible.”

Margaret Lynch • Successful people do what 99% of the people are not willing to! I love that one!

Mike Gurnicz • “All you need is love, love, all you need is love….Beatles 
”Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never–in nothing, great or small, large or petty–never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill
Job S. Mogire • The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. [Quote by Maureen Dowd]
Brad Carpenter • FAILURE is Falling Ahead In Life Until Reaching Expertise….I created that when my life was a “failure” according to society’s standards.
Brad Carpenter • Always remember you’re abc’s…Always Remember You’re Absolutely Beautifully Created!!!

Sally Miller/Brade • If you don’t teach your children what you believe, someone else will!

Shawn McCarthy • Some of my favorites are: “Jumping to conclusions can be bad exercise”, “It’s not how far you fall, it’s how high you bounce”, “Aspire to inspire before you expire”, “If you think you’re too small to be effective, you’ve never been in bed with a mosquito”, “Why not go out on a limb? Isn’t that where the fruit is”?, “All things are difficult before there are easy”, “Fall down 7 times- get up 8″, “Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot”, and “When you row someone across a river, you both get to the other side”.
Rebecca Stevenson • You can accomplish anything, if you first believe in yourself. I do however believe that should be added with, “Be there for others, not for selfish gains.”
Jason Durham • “You’re either green and growing or ripe and rotting!”
Jason Durham • “Even if you’re on the right track you’re going to get run over if you just sit there!”
Wendy Scharfman • Good one, Jason! 
”Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Carol Dorn • this one is the best I’ve heard in a really long time. If this is not motivational nothing is ripe and rotting thanks Jason……….
Jason Durham • I like that one Wendy… will be adding that one to my collection!
Jason Durham • Your welcome Carol. I am not sure where it originated, but it works for me.

Annette Vaillancourt, Ph.D. • Follow Your Bliss – Joseph Campbell

Linda Barwick • If nothing changes… nothing changes
Maureen F. • We change our behaviour when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing. Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
Gary Loper • Be so busy Giving recognition that you will not need it ~ Jim Rohn
Paul Murphy • (A) People without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. Marcus Garvey
Sandy Bucholtz • Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive. H. Thurman
Dennis James Deegan CTM • Very nice Sandy. This is why Toastmasters is such a great place to hang out. Because so many people in TI are reaching for their ideal and they are ‘alive’ with motivation. I honestly don’t know why people are not beating the doors down to get into a Toastmasters meeting.
Terry Martin, Ph.D., • “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.” 
— Zig Ziglar 

Failure is my constant companion – but I am always uplifted knowing it is not over til it’s over. This made sense to me…

Dave Mccall • You have the power to create your own path.

Peter G. J. Sinclair – Motivator • If you don’t have a goal, make it your first goal to set a goal.
Gerry Hartigan • Good quote Peter. Let me add to that ” if you don’t see your goal you can’t score any points.”
Deborah Hall • “The test of the morality of society is what it does for our children.” – Unknown 

This quote was so meaningful to me that it made me determined more than ever to do what I can to help create a mindful society, one where discrimination and domination is no longer tolerated. Rather, a society where there is thoughtfulness toward our fellow man, kindnesses passed forward, and a sincere love for this planet since, after all, she is who birthed us….we grew out of her womb so shouldn’t we show love and respect to that which gave us life? 

My goal? To create a beautiful legacy for my children and this quote added another spark to my growing flame.
Terry Martin, Ph.D., • Deborah – Wonderful quote! Children really are our teachers, aren’t they? Thank you.
Sheriyar Patel -Publisher/Lawyer – 2500+ Open Networker • “Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent”
Dr. Thom A. Lisk • From one of the Father day cards I received this year, 

”A Dad’s love is something you never outgrow (cover).” Inside… 

”When I was a little girl. your love meant so much to me. And now that I’m grown-up — well, some things never change. Happy Fathers Day, Love, Erin”

Denis Mertens • If you don’t learn to say “no”, you’ll never be able to say “yes”.

Deborah Hall • Hi Terry,
I’m so glad you liked that quote. It was really very inspiring to me when 
I first came upon it. I learn every day from my children. And, now, I am 
learning so much from my grandchild! : )
Warmly,
deb
Trevor Jenson • Don’t bunt, always aim out of the park. Aim for the company of immortals
Terry Martin, Ph.D., • Deborah – I am enjoying your Newsletter, many thanks for the work you are doing. Yes, grandchildren are incredible. It is a favourite part of my life. 

Another quote that always sits in the back of my mind – especially if I am teaching. 

” Be Careful the TRUTH you choose to believe.”
Deborah Hall • Aaaahhh Terry….. Great quote. And, one I will most definitely keep in 
mind when teaching. Be careful the TRUTH you choose to believe….love it.
deb
Jacques Allrich • Man Know Thyself and you will know the Universe. Written in the Temple of Luxor in Ancient Egypt

if you like this then plz share this...............

No comments:

Post a Comment