Wednesday 29 February 2012

Who Do You Want To Be?


‘I’ve learned that asking ourselves not just what we want to be, but who we want to be is important at every stage of our lives, not just when we’re starting out in the world. That’s because in a way, we’re starting out fresh in the world every single day.’ Maria Shriver
If we want to get better answers for our life, we must begin asking ourselves better questions.
Through the practice of solitude, which I endeavor to include as part of my life every day, I have found that these have been the times when I have posed the following questions to myself.
  • Who am I?
  • What do I believe in?
  • What am I grateful for?
  • What do I want my life to stand for?
  • What will I change?
  • What is my truth?
  • Am I living an imitation?
  • How do I value my self-worth?
  • Who do I want to be?
Sometimes I have been able to receive answers to these questions immediately. Whereas for some of the ‘harder’ questions – the answers have evolved over time.
It really doesn’t matter how long it takes for the answers to be reached. What is important though is that we take time out of our busy schedules to ask ourselves these very important questions.
You may find that you have more questions to ask.
In seeking the answers to such questions you will surely find, as long as you are diligent in your search.

What Am I Going To Do When I Grow Up?

Even though I have entered the second half of my desired lifespan upon earth I continue to ask myself, ‘What am I going to do when I grow up?’
Life is meant for learning. There is no retirement featured in God’s plan for your life. There is only enlightenment and a growing understanding of the differences found in the billions of individual lives that inhabit the space called earth.
To think that you and I have all the answers is to put us in the position of God himself. We must resist this temptation.
  • Judge yourself – not others.
  • Love yourself – love others.
  • Be yourself – not like others.

You & I Have A Gift To Give

From my uniqueness there needs to be an unveiling of the gift that was deposited into my heart the very moment I was conceived. Even to this point it has been a daily process of unwrapping that gift – and once discovered – now the generous distribution of that gift to the ends of the earth.
I was given this gift not to store away in some dark and dusty cupboard, but rather to bring out into the light and begin to share it with the hearts of men and women everywhere I go.
At first I was clumsy with the gift, and there were even times when I put it back into the cupboard of my heart from whence it came – but eventually I plucked up enough courage to take it out once again to share it with the world. For that is what a gift is given for – for the purpose of sharing.
And the wonderful thing is this. The more that I give away my gift the bigger my gift grows so that I can give even more. The five loaves and two fishes of my gift is now feeding the multitude in the safe hands of the one who first gave me the gift to give.
Have you identified your gift, and if you have how are you giving it away?

No comments:

Post a Comment