Wednesday 29 February 2012

52 Inspirational Quotes That Have Changed People’s Lives


It just keeps growing and going. Since I posted this request – Give Me One Motivational Quote That Changed Your Life – in the Motivation Nation Group found in the social network of LinkedIn, the response has been overwhelming and continues to grow with every passing week…
So here are 52 more contributions that have been made in response to that request.
Maybe you have a quote that you would also like to share with us.
In addition to the quotes some of the contributors – whose names appear at the front of each of the quotes – have added some of their own personal insights into the quotes.
I trust that the wisdom shared by these ones, whose lives were changed by a motivational quote, will add great value to your life.
Dennis James Deegan CTM • Sally: “What you think about you bring about” (not sure of author)
Judy Osuna • Hi Dennis, maybe your quote is from Dr Dimartini, it sounds like him. “What you think about you bring about”

Paul Wearmouth • Don’t go looking for love…it’s already looking for you!

Paul Wearmouth • One person can’t change the world, but you can change your own part of it!
Paul Wearmouth • Success is like a blood group…it can either Be Positive or Be Negative!
Dennis James Deegan CTM • Thanks, Judy. Reminds me of another quote from Claude M Bristol. “You are not what you think you are, but what you think, the thoughts that habitually possess your mind; that is what you are”
Lori King-Kocsis • Oh — this is great! Who’s quote is this?!!! I want to post!
Judy Dick • If you want something you’ve never had, You’ve got to do something you’ve never done.
Edward Aldama • I am a Zig fan too. This is my fav… “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.”
Juan Aguilar • “I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.” John D. Rockefeller
Georg Wanek • Wo ein Wille da ein Weg! (Ger.)  Engl: Where a will is, there is a way!
Claire Takacs • My quote is 2 parts of one poem by a Sufi poet, Rumi.
“Be with those who help your being.
Don’t sit with indifferent people whose breath comes cold out of their mouths.
Not these visible forms, your work is deeper……………………………………………………..
If you don’t try to fly, and so break yourself apart, you will be broken open by death, when it’s too late for all you could become.”
Richard Oppenheim • Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive, it isn’t. -Bach
Judy Dick • “What you commit yourself to determines what you are, more than anything that ever happened to you yesterday, or the day before.”
Dennis James Deegan CTM • The most important factor in a sales persons success is what he or she thinks of him or herself.

Barbara Bemus • What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail!

Brian Cohen DTM • It is not what happens to you, it is what you do, when it happens to you.
Paul Wearmouth • If you make change a habit…you’ll never have to change your habits again!
Megumi Ebiko • Life is too short, lets do it ! Believe In Yourself
Shirley Maritz • “You can if you think you can”. Norman Vincent Peale
Dr. Thom A. Lisk • “People do not care how much you know… until they know how much you care (about them).” From my mentor Carl Stevens, CPAE 1975
Jennifer Campbell • I have two that have changed my way of thinking:
Follow your dreams. Give them time to become realities. AND
Every obstacle contains an opportunity. Live by the philosophy there is good in everything.
Lori King-Kocsis • Jennifer those are great and so true. We can easily become daunted by obstacles. I just read that “The Help” was submitted over 50 times, soundly rejected (and not so nicely either) but the author persevered, followed her dream and the book became a best seller and movie. Here’s a way to look at it; Rejection means you are doing something. Losing means you are doing something. Better to Do something than do nothing! Thanks. Lori
Warren Little • The richest people in the world build networks . . .everyone else looks for work – Robert Kiyosaki

Barry Doyle • Achieve your target or you are fired :-)

Liz Trotter • Funny, Barry! You must have really liked that job~
Gracie Pimentel • Build the people and they will build the business – Earl Tupper
John Carl • “For things to change we must change, for things to get better we must become better” when I heard this I swear a light bulb turned on over my head. I finally understood what taking responsibility would do for me. It allows you to have power rather than give it away by placing blame or leaving it up to chance.
Christine Ware • If you do what you’ve always done – you’ll get what you’ve always got!
Kecia McManus • “Faith is the first factor in a life devoted to service. Without it, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.” – Mary McLeod Bethune
Marion Namusone Kibalama • ”All that i am and all that i will ever be, i owe it to God. Even as death occurs at any moment, then I know that it is inevitable. I want my life to be seen as a blessing. I want to leave a legacy, not just an estate. I want to be found faithful”. This sums up the reason i live.

Gaurav Sareen • Begin With The End in Mind! – Steven Covey

Dr. Thom A. Lisk • “With God all things are possible” Ohio, USA, motto (from Luke in Bible)
Helen Lingard • There are so many…one of the many that I love is something like when your cup runneth over into your saucer, then you can help others. This is from the Wonderful Lisa Nichols and its so great because it shows you that until your FULL UP, until your feeling great yourself – your unable to help others. But when you are Full up – and you help others – Boy does that feel great :) )
Sue Z. Hart • Helen, there are so many great quotes but I hadn’t heard that one before, thanks for sharing! It’s so great to be able to help others but we have to make sure we put our oxygen mask on first!
Paul Fay • Every day is a school day
Yolanda McIntosh • “What God ordains; He sustains.” – The Granny of Dr. Thelma Wells
Julie Cantu • Imagine driving at night by headlights: You don’t have to see the whole road, just the next 200 feet, keep driving and trust the rest will be there.
Alan Philippe • My life motto is: “What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger”… it works every time!
Kim Hellyar • Alan, That happens to be one of my favorite quotes as well and has served me lately! In the past two months a 15 ton tree fell on our roof during a tornado (I was in the house), my mom passed away and my dad has been hospitalized 3 times (surgery scheduled today). I’m still standing and not in a straight jacket yet! Oh, I was audited by the IRS 5 days after my mom died too. :-)
Mickey Blake • The law of attraction is not about asking for what you want, its about putting your energy and emotion into what you want.

Sue Z. Hart • Mickey, you are right. Dreams come true but we have to the action behind them!

Nigel J Wall • My favorite quote saved my life, literally….”Nigel, if you don’t stop smoking, lose weight and get some exercise you will be dead before you are 50″ – My Doctor.
15 years later at the age of 55, I am 70 pounds lighter, an Ultra-marathon runner, Triathlete and all round fitness nut. I also coach on quitting smoking.
Quotes don’t have to be from famous people….. Nigel
Lori King-Kocsis • @Wohoo! That is great Nigel. Thank you Mr. Doctor!!!
Dennis James Deegan CTM • One of my favorites: “All kids is good kids peers to me, even the bad ones is jes as good as they can be”. James Whitcomb Riley, Poet from Ohio.
Farnoosh Brock • The one quote that finally led me to resign that lucrative 12-year Fortune 100 career comes to you by the one and only Khalil Gibran who said: “The lust for comfort kills the passions of the soul.”
Dennis James Deegan CTM • Another Gibran quote that I like is: “Your children are not your children; they come through you, but do not belong to you; they are life’s longing for itself”.
Having two grown son’s, this insight has come around full circle. I rarely imposed a vision for their lives as they were growing up. I seemed to have Gibran’s message within me. As it turns out we have the greatest Father/Son bond; fishing together annually, for a week, in the Canadian wilderness. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Patricia Sadar • Love that Peter!!! Just a few of the quotes that I have in my office:
The Champion’s Oath: I am not remembered by how many times I’ve failed, but by how many times I succeed, and how many times I succeed is in direct proportion to how many times I can fail and keep on trying!
Anthony Robbins Quote: There’s always a way – If you’re committed!

Walt Disney: Do what you do so well that people can’t resist telling others about you!

Diane Minnich • “If God brings you to it, He’ll bring you through it.”… that being said… I could add a hundred more that are my “favorites” : )
Andrei Mincov • Ayn Rand Fountainhead: Howard Roark to Peter Keating: “… You see, I’m never concerned with my clients, only their architectural requirements. I consider these as part of my building’s theme and problem, as my building’s material — just as I consider bricks and steel. Bricks and steel are not my motive. Neither are the clients. Both are only the means of my work. Peter, before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity. I’ll be glad if people who need it find a better manner of living in a house I designed. But that’s not the motive of my work. Nor my reason. Nor my reward”.
Carol Dorn • Nigel I like that doc !
Carol Dorn • “JUST KEEP MOVIN’ DARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment